Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

#GDP071 in 3D - Home Sweet Home


Hithere!

It's been a very long time since I have participated in a challenge but the AMAZING team of crafters at the Global Design Project certainly enticed me with their current theme challenge of 3D & Off the Page.  :)

A friend is about to move into a new home after many years at her current residence, so I thought I would make her a little 3D house to celebrate her move:-

H2 Designs | Home Sweet Home Dies & Sweet Home Stamps

There was certainly a bit of paper engineering involved to work out how to create the solid side walls under the angled roof of the house, while still enabling the house to squish flat to fit inside the envelope! I based the structure on a "shadowbox" or "diorama" style card, but played around with it to get everything happening the way I envisioned.

I think I might christen this a "pull, push & pop" card, lol. You pull the sides to flatten it for mailing, then push the sides in to pop it out into a 3D shape for display.

I layered a stitched oval die-cut on a red scalloped oval on the back of the house to add a spot to write a message.  As well as the Home Sweet Homes dies, I used the cloud dies from the new Up & Away Thinlits to create the bushes, which are attached to the house & fences with dimensionals to create extra depth.  The fence palings are made from the Classic Label Punch which have been stamped with the linear image from Gorgeous Grunge.  The window openings have been die-cut, then backed with Vellum.  The roof was scored every 1/8 inch to emulate metal & the door was stamped with a mix of VersaMark & Real Red ink & then embossed with clear powder to give a glossy finish.

Thanks to everyone at GDP for a fun challenge & thanks for stopping by!  


Project Components
All Stampin' Up!
As listed above, plus
Real Red, Pool Party, Old Olive, Crumb Cake & Thick Whisper White cardstock,
Pool Party ink, Tear n Tape, Pearl


Edited to Add:
Thank you to the Team at GDP for choosing this project among the winners for this week.  :)


You can see a second project I made for this challenge here.


PS  If you are interested, you can find a tealight holder I made with the Home Sweet Home dies here.