Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Minion Pop n Cuts Card - Bee-Do, Bee-Do, Bee-Do!!!

Hithere!  I had fun last week designing & making this birthday card for my sister who absolutely loves the little "Bee-Do" minion from the Despicable Me movies.  If you don't know who Bee-Do (aka Carl) is, check out this you-tube video - you can't help but smile at the little fellow!  :)

I put together this card using the Sizzix Pop n Cuts die for the base & added a simple pop up mechanism to support my minion:-


The "floor" has been stamped with the hardwood stamp & sponged.  I added some retired DSP for wallpaper & sponged the edges of that as well to create some depth.

The minion is made from a LOT of little pieces that were hand cut using some sharp little scissors & a hobby blade where necessary.  I also used the owl & cupcake builder punches for some of the small circles, including his eye & buttons.  All the pieces were layered over & under the yellow base layer to create the minion.



Each section was sponged, with details such as the stitching on his overalls & the reflections on the hazard lights added with white gel pen.  The lights were also sponged with white ink to get some reflection happening!  He has an acetate lens in his goggle & an acetate layer on his hazard lights so they look more realistic.  I also added a little bit of silver embossing on his goggle to add some bolts & the fixing for the strap.

My sister was absolutely rapt with the card (which is definitely a one-off, lol) & was going to put him up on permanent display.  Hope he made you smile.  :)

If you like minions, you can find another minion pop up card I made here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Components
All Stampin' Up!