Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

FLORAL CASCADE CARDS

Something that has been on my "to do" list for a while is a double cascade card, where you basically have two interlocking angled "z" fold cards.  I used the directions in Sonia's post, but altered the measurements so my base panels are 12" long x 3" at the front & 6" at the rear.  Here is my first card, made in SU blues:-


Here is a view from the top, so you can see the concertina effect:-


They flatten out, but still need a box rather than an envelope to accommodate them, so I made a custom box to match:-


This is what it looks like on opening:-


& here they both are together:-

 
& because these cards are so much fun to make, I made a purple one too:-


Thanks for stopping by!  :)

Card Components
All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock & Ink Colours
BLUE - Lost Lagoon, Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz & Very Vanilla
PURPLE - Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery & Whisper White