Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Paper Players - Celebrating 100 Challenges

This week Lesley & the Team at The Paper Players are hosting their 100th Challenge!  Woohoo!

As a fun way of celebrating this milestone, the DT have a fabulous bloghop for you to enjoy & they are also inviting us to use one of their previous challenges to create a project this week:-


Here is my card:-


& the two challenges I used to create it:-


I chose the colours from Challenge #10, because they are rich & gorgeous together, & the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #93, firstly because this type of challenge is so much fun & secondly, because I was honoured to be awarded the Headliner for this particular challenge.  :)

As you can see, I have gone with the top row of the tic tac toe grid.  All the layers have had their edges sponged.  The espresso layer is stamped all over with the large bloom from the Reason to Smile set.  The cherry layer has been dry embossed with the Petals A Plenty E/F.   The crumbcake layer has been embossed using the scoring tool.  The banner has been stamped from the Apothecary Art set, cut out & popped up on dimensionals.

I used my trusty SAMJ to stamp the stem section of the flower in espresso ink first, then I stamped the petal section with Versamark, so I could emboss it with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  The petals were then watercoloured with ink & an aquapainter, & the stem was coloured with ink & a blender pen.

Here's a close up:-


Some pearls & a sweet little butterfly were the finishing touches.

If you would like to join the Paper Players this week, you can find the Challenge here.

Card Components:
All Stampin' Up! - If you have any queries, please feel free to ask.  :)