Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Flying Birthday Balloon Girl


Have you seen the wonderful artwork of Michelle Perkett?  I was introduced to Michelle's digital stamps by the lovely Lynne.  When I first saw Michelle's rough sketch of the balloon girl I couldn't wait to have her.  Not just because she's so very cute, but because I just LOVE balloons (& lucky me works in a balloon shop)!  :)

I thought I would be brave & enter her in this week's challenge at Michelle's blog.  It is a colour challenge & here are the (very challenging) colours!
 


This is the very first digital image I have printed & my ink-jet printer was not very co-operative.  :(

Here is the outside:-


& the inside:-



Up close & personal:-



My chosen mediums for colouring are stamp-pad inks & an aquapainter using watercolour paper.  Unfortunately, try as I might, I couldn't set the printer ink (I tried a few different methods) but it kept running.  Does anyone have any suggestions that they have found successful?

For the card I used 185gsm medium Canson watercolour paper & I heat set the ink using clear embossing powder.  The ink was almost dry as it came out of the printer, so it is not a 100% set finish.  I also found that the image does not look as "crisp" as it should.

I chose to manipulate the image a little & made the clouds into separate items, so I could mount them as separate layers in the centre pop-up.

The cardstock, DSP, ribbon & inks are all SU.  I have added sparkly glitter to balloon girl's hair, dress, shoes & cupcake frosting, & to the clouds.  All the balloons have been coated in dimensional glaze to make them nice & shiny (like all good balloons should be)!

Hope you like her.  :)

Card Components:
Cardstock:  Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Watercolour Paper
DSP:  Sweet Always
Ink:  Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery
Stamps:  Michelle Perkett's Digital - Flying Birthday Girl
Other:  Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensional Glaze